BiographyThere are at least thirteen artists who go by the name Alex:
Alex Chu (알렉스)(1) Korean male singer in the group Clazziquai. Recently, he has been in many OST soundtracks, using his English name, Alex. Born and raised in Canada, he speaks Korean and English fluently and often sings in a mixture of Korean and English in his songs. Alex released his first solo album, "My Vintage Romance" in 2008. The album includes the song "Flowerpot," which was featured on the popular MBC variety show "We Got Married." He just recently released his second solo album, "Just Like Me" in 2011. Include in the album, is "되돌릴 수 있다면", a song he made for the "Late Autumn" OST.
Alex (2) or Alex Horsch in his whole name is a Hungarian ancient/folk musician with German origins. He plays the music of the ancient oriental priests, teachers, doctors, and wizards, which is called 'táltos' in Hungarian (it is closest to the 'shaman' word, but not's the same), and ancient musician, teacher "regös" (it's closest to the bards). This culture stayed from Siberia to the Carpathian Basin, from Tuva and Mongolia to Afghanistan, so nearly all of Middle Asia and East-Europe. He plays on 24 kinds of instruments, he make too nearly all of them. He sings throat-singing, which is the part of the World Heritage. It's an ancient, spiritual sing-kind, which used to magic too in the steppes, not just music. Like to other parts of his music, for example the jaw's harp.
Alex is a (3) Danish male singer from Copenhagen, who started his career with participation in the Danish version of Popstars. He left the program before the final at his own will, since he disliked the musical direction, which was pop, intended for the winner of the show.
Has released two albums: "Thirteen" (2003) and "Tag det tilbage nu" (2006).
Main hits: "Them Girls", "So Beautiful" and "Tag det tilbage nu".
(4) Alex was formed in Lieksa, Finland in the beginning of 1980´. Later recordings are available on their line-up Masa Mainds. Matti Päiväpuro has published as well some solo-tracks.
(5) Also a Romanian R&B singer, real name Alex Velea: http://www.alexvelea.com
(6) A woman with her ukelele in California http://www.dieyoung.org/songfight/
(7) Alex is the stage name of a well-known Burmese(Myanmar) Rock, Pop & Alternative artist who started out as a singer-songwriter releasing pop rock hits albums and changed to Alternative around year 2000. He has already released more than 10 solo albums and numerous other albums in collaboration with other Myanmar artists. One the most famous collaboration is the group 19:18 which has already released three full albums in collaboration with Si Thu Lwin and Saung Oo Hlaing.
(8) A dutch rapper from Rotterdam.
(9) German big brother star of the 2000's series. He has a released a Song called "Ich will nur dich" (I only want you).
(10) A German musician and singer from the 1970's who recorded Turkish-influenced rock music with Holger Czukay and Jaki Liebezeit.
(11) A Norwegian band around the Lithuanian/Polish singer Alexandra Sandoy Naumik, who played funk and soul music in the 1970's.
(12) A Japanese breakbeat artist from the late 90's. They released one EP (In Out × Inout).
(13) Józsa Alex or simply Alex is a hungarian singer also playing in guitar, piano and drums. He was the member of the hungarian boyband V.I.P.. He currenlty lives in the UK and working as a musical producer.
(14) Brazilian accordion player Alex Forró na Penha
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Sources: Last.fm, Wikipedia
Alex in the news
|Songs by Alex|