Milwaukee's Telethon Announce Details For Upcoming Concept Album 'The Great Spontanean: A Tale Told In Five Acts'
New York, NY (Top40 Charts) Milwaukee's Telethon will release an ambitious new concept album titled 'The Grand Spontanean: A Tale Told In Five Acts', on September 29 via Halloween Records.
Produced by Jack Shirley (Deafheaven, Jeff Rosenstock, Joyce Manor, The Smith Street Band) 'The Grand Spontanean' is a cosmic trip of punk rock filtered through straight up rock n' roll a la Thin Lizzy, Weezer's anthemic power pop and every other style in which they could meld their sound into. It resulted in a true blue rock opera about a self-centered, internet addicted twenty-something realizing the world's about to end in a storm of noise and chaos.
The sprawling, 30-track LP features appearances by Laura Stevenson (on "On Companionship" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve"), Chris Farren (on "Stillwave"). The Hold Steady's Franz Nicolay (who plays multiple instruments all over the record and contributes spoken word on "The Sudden Walk") , Roger Lima of Less Than Jake (on "The Runner's High"), and Peter Hess (The Hold Steady, TV on the Radio).
Check out "On Companionship" (feat. Laura Stevenson) below:
Digital pre-orders will soon be available on Bandcamp, along with a limited edition CD box set.
Telethon will be taking 'The Grand Spontanean' on the road this fall, including an appearance at this year's Fest 16. "We made a sprawling five-act rock opera about the internet, culture, human relationships, and the apocalypse. We hope you love it."- Telethon
ACT I: Bad Reputation (tracks #1-8)
1 The Signal
2. Apocalypse When
3. Succinct, the Optimist
5. He's Right
6. The Paranoid Blur
7. Tiny Rushes
8. The Page at the End of the Internet
ACT II: Cold Sweat (tracks #9-13)
12. A Martyr's View from The View at the Marriott Marquis
13. The Page at the End of the Internet (Reprise)
ACT III: Fight or Fall (tracks #14-20)
16. Stillwave (feat. Chris Farren)
17. The Improbable New Sensations
18. "GENERATOR" by The Improbable New Sensations
19. "UNTIL THE BALL STOPS" by The Improbable New Sensations
20. "MY SECOND-TO-LAST MONDAY" by The Improbable New Sensations
ACT IV: Running Back (tracks #21-26)
21. Notches on the Scale
22. The Runner's High (feat. Roger Lima)
23. "The Sudden Walk" (by Franz Kafka; read by Franz Nicolay)
24. On Companionship (feat. Laura Stevenson)
25. Weirdness Flows
26. Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve (feat. Laura Stevenson)
ACT V: Remembering (tracks #27-30)
27. A Choice!
29. 30 Seconds of Silence!
30. Fruit Bat