New York, NY (Top40 Charts)
Singer/songwriter Tommy Townsend has a long history with the Jennings family, Waylon
and Jerry "Jigger" Bridges, produced music on Townsend over the span of several years that was released as an album in 2003. Keeping it all in the family, Tommy turned to longtime friend Shooter Jennings to produce his new album, Turn Back The Clock, which hits July 6, 2018 on the Black
Country Rock label.
"Releasing this new music has been a goal and dream of mine for many years, and I have to thank Shooter for the encouragement, direction and passion to help make Turn Back The Clock a reality," said Townsend. "Waylon will always be my musical hero, and I couldn't think of anyone more perfect to be at the helm of this album than Shooter."
The new album features two original Townsend tunes, "Plug The Jukebox Back In" and "Longest Day Of Summer," alongside tunes by the likes of Steve Young, Holly Williams, Brandi Carlile, Gordon
Lightfoot, and Waylon
Jennings. The album was recorded and mixed at Station House Studio in Los Angeles and CarnBarn Studio in Franklin, TN.
A native of Blairsville, in the mountains of Northeast Georgia, Tommy first met Waylon
as a teenager when Jennings performed at the local fair. Jennings became a mentor to Townsend and recorded music on the aspiring singer/songwriter on several occasions.
In 2008, following a stint has half of the country music duo Townsend O'Donnell, he joined the Waymore's Outlaws as the lead singer. The reformed and renamed Waylors included Richie Albright on drums, Jerry "Jigger" Bridges on bass and Fred Newell on steel guitar. The band toured the world singing Waylon
classics and new material in the Waylon
vein. From 2014-2017, the band opened for Shooter Jennings and then backed his set.
Turn Back The Clock Track Listing
1. "Renegade Picker"- Written by Steve Young / Alrhond Music
Inc & Sony/ATV Tree Publishing (BMI)
2. "Drinkin'" - Written by Holly Williams / Louisiana Folks Music
3. "Longest Day of Summer" - Written by Tommy Townsend, Burton Collins & Bruce Wallace / Ole Purple Cape Music
4. "Plug The Jukebox Back In" - Written by Tommy Townsend, Darryl O'Donnell & Alan Margulies / Clashing Plaids (ASCAP), Eagle Land Publishing (ASCAP), Nottley River Sound Co. (ASCAP)
5. "The Eye" - Written by Brandi Carlile, Phil Hanseroth, & Tim Hanseroth / Southern Oracle Music
LLC/W B Music
" - Written by Gordon
Lightfoot / W B Music
7. "Belle of the Ball" - Written by Waylon
Jennings / Waylon