Sherman Oaks CA (Top40 Charts/ ABC Public Relations) - CBS Records will release the second volume of a specially produced soundtrack for the hit television series NCIS on Tuesday, November 3. NCIS: The Official TV Soundtrack
- Vol. 2, features brand new and previously unreleased tracks from some of music's most popular artists - including Bob Dylan, Norah Jones, John Mellencamp, Sheryl Crow, Joss Stone, Sick Puppies, and Saosin
- that are available ly on this soundtrack. In its seventh season, NCIS is the No 1 most-watched show on television, with more than 20 million viewers weekly.*
To coincide with the album's release date, the November 3 episode of NCIS will prominently feature Bob Dylan's 'California' - a never-before-released track that originally dates from the Bringing It All Back Home sessions and has remained locked in the vaults until now. "California" has been newly mixed and mastered and is a true gem from one of music's greatest artists. The remaining tracks will be placed in NCIS episodes throughout the current season, which ends in May 2010.
The soundtrack also features a brand new song from NCIS star Michael Weatherly (Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo), 'Bitter And Blue,' that was recorded especially for this soundtrack. new tracks from rising stars Sharon Little and Keaton Simons are also featured, as are Otis Redding's 'I've Got Dreams To Remember' and Tom Lehrer's 'The Elements' that were both heard in previous episodes of NCIS and were suggested by the show's fans in a poll conducted through the NCIS music website (http://ncismusic.com).
As they did with the highly successful first volume, NCIS: The Official TV Soundtrack, NCIS show producers listened to dozens of submitted tracks before choosing the ones best suited for upcoming shows. As NCIS Executive Producer Shane Brennan explains, 'It was really gratifying to see the incredible response to our first soundtrack, and we want fans to know that we've put the same care and attention into assembling this new volume as we did with the first. So many great artists have contributed fresh material to this soundtrack, and the result is truly special.'
NCIS airs Tuesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and is produced by Belisarius Productions in association with CBS Television Studios.
The complete track listing for NCIS: The Official TV Soundtrack - Vol. 2 is as follows:
* Bob Dylan - California
* Norah Jones - That's What I Said
* Joss Stone - Every Time I Turn Around
* Sick Puppies - That Time Of Year
* Sharon Little - Genie In My Dreams
* John Mellencamp - Someday The Rains Will Fall
* Sheryl Crow - Murder In My Heart
* Keaton Simons - Grim Reaper
* Otis Redding - I've Got Dreams To Remember
* Michael Weatherly - Bitter And Blue
* Saosin - Move Slow
* Tom Lehrer - The Elements
* SOURCE: Nielsen Galaxy Explorer NTI 9/21-10/6/09. Live+SD. Total viewers = (000).