NEW YORK (Top40 Charts/ Shore Fire Media) - California-based Mexican folk ensemble Los Cenzontles are confirmed to support renowned Mexican rockers Jaguares
on a West Coast tour that honors this year's 200th Mexican Independence Day. The spirit of the tour mirrors the theme of Los Cenzontles' new album 'Raza de Oro' (out 10/12), which celebrates Mexican-American culture and pride. The new album features collaborations with Ry Cooder, David
Hidalgo (Los Lobos) and Pete Sears (Jefferson Starship).
Los Cenzontles (The Mockingbirds) have plenty more to celebrate this year:
* On September 1, Los Cenzontles frontman Eugene Rogriguez will receive a "Local Hero" award from KQED public television in San Francisco for his community efforts through Los Cenzontles Mexican Arts Center, an artist-driven, non-profit organization where Latino youths learn Mexican folk dance, music and arts through a multi-level mentorship program.
* The band will release new music videos directed by legendary documentary filmmaker Les Blank.
* A recent The New York Times feature, said their music "both honors and upends traditional Mexican music, tapping deep roots as it flowers into something completely new, and distinctly American." Read the full piece here: http://nyti.ms/abIjUV
* Contributions to The Chieftains and Ry Cooder's critically acclaimed album, 'San Patricio,' released earlier this year.
* Recent collaborations with Linda Ronstadt, Los Tigres Del Norte, and Taj Mahal.
More dates are soon to be announced.
LOS CENZONTLES TOUR DATES W/ JAGUARES:
Sept 15 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
Sept 17 - Anaheim, CA @ The House of Blues
Sept 18 - Anaheim, CA @ The House of Blues
Sept 19 - Hollywood, CA @ The House of Blues