New York, NY (Top40 Charts / Legacy Recordings)
Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music
Entertainment, will release Paul Simon
- The Concert in Hyde Park -- available in a physical 2CD/DVD or Blu-ray package as well as digital audio and video formats, plus audio streaming -- on Friday, June 9.
The arrival of Paul Simon
- The Concert in Hyde Park coincides with the artist's summer tour launching June 1 in St. Petersburg, Florida. Tour details at PaulSimon.com.
On July 15, 2012, Paul Simon
and his band were joined by the original Graceland musicians and special guests to headline the closing night of the Hard Rock Calling
Festival in London with a three-hour set that The Guardian declared, "One of the landmark concerts of his career." The Daily Telegraph wrote, "The night was a chance for those of us who grew up listening to Paul Simon
to congregate, commune and be reminded again of music's ability to transport us to a land of grace."
Available for the first time ever, Paul Simon
- The Concert in Hyde Park chronicles the legendary artist's historic concert at the 2012 Hard Rock Calling
Festival with an epic career-spanning set including Simon's most enduring hits ("Kodachrome," "Graceland," "Me and Julio
Down By The Schoolyard," "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover"), fan favorites, and two Simon
& Garfunkel classics. The concert features a reunion with the original Graceland musicians on the Grammy-winning album's 25th anniversary, including Hugh Masekela and Ladysmith Black
Mambazo, as well as a surprise appearance from reggae legend Jimmy Cliff, performing his original songs "The Harder They Come
" and "Many Rivers to Cross", and a duet with Cliff and Simon
on "Vietnam" and "Mother and Child Reunion."
Both immediate and retrospective, Paul Simon
- The Concert in Hyde Park travels across six decades of the artist's famous and timeless songbook, from Simon
& Garfunkel, through 2011's critically-acclaimed album, So Beautiful or So What.
A broadcast version of Paul Simon
- The Concert in Hyde Park is slated to air on PBS during the June 2017 Pledge Drive.
Gone at Last
50 Ways to Leave Your Lover
The Harder They Come (Jimmy Cliff) *
Many Rivers to Cross (Jimmy Cliff) *
Mother and Child Reunion (with Jimmy Cliff)
Hearts and Bones / Mystery Train
Me and Julio
Down by the Schoolyard
Homeless (with Ladysmith Black
Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes (with Ladysmith Black
I Know What I Know
The Boy in the Bubble
Crazy Love, Vol. II
Under African Skies (with Thandiswa Mazwai)
You Can Call Me Al
The Boxer (with Jerry Douglas)
Late in the Evening
Still Crazy After All These Years
*appears on DVD only