CHICAGO, (Chicago Carriage Cab Company) -
- A beloved Chicago blues musician and former cab driver paralyzed from the waist down last March by a robber's bullet plays with his band for the first time since the tragic incident during which his car was also stolen.
- Presentation of a renovated Chicago Carriage Cab (CCC) company taxi sporting the band's name, a gift to the FORMER CCC DRIVER from the founder and president of the company.
- Friday, July 21, 1 p.m.
- Piano C. Red - performed with Muddy Waters, Hound Dog Taylor and Elmore James, has faithfully played keyboard at the Maxwell Street Market since the 1970's and was a longtime Chicago cabbie WHO DROVE FOR CCC before his injury.
- Simon Garber - Chicago Carriage Cab Company president, a Russian immigrant who once drove a cab and now heads an international taxi empire.
- Flat Foot Boogie Band - including bass, guitar, drums and harmonica players, founded by Red to help keep the blues alive in Chicago, kept performing at the New Maxwell Street Market while Red healed under temporary leadership of Red's best friend, Harper Johnny.
- The gift car replaces Red's car stolen in the robbery and means the band can transport heavy musical equipment to jobs again.
- Simon Garber deeply cares about his drivers and recently gave each of them a free tank of gas to help compensate for rising gas prices.
- Chicago Carriage Cab Co. barn
- 2617 South Wabash