LISBON, PORTUGAL (Top40 Charts) Netta Barzilai from Israel has won the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with the song 'Toy', written and composed by Doron Medalie and Stav Beger.
Israel won the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with 529 points, followed at a decent distance by Cyprus with 436 points. Both were top favourites to take the trophy home. Austria's success - a third place with 342 points - came as a surprise.
During her much-anticipated performance, Netta was joined by her pink-haired backing singers and dancers as they do their trademark chicken moves. Also accompanying her on stage are two blocks of shelves filled with 112 Maneki-nekos, the popular Asian beckoning cats often used as lucky charms.
After being crowned winner of the 63rd Eurovision Song Contest, Netta gave a reprise of her song in front of an ecstatic audience.
Netta won this year's Rising Star reality music show, HaKokhav HaBa L'Eurovizion ('The Next Star For Eurovision') and the ticket to represent Israel in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest. The ambitious and determined 25-year-old has an extensive background in music. She finished high school with excellence merit in extended music studies and went on to study in the renowned Rimon School of Music in the Electronic Studies Department.
Thousands of people from all over the world enjoyed three spectacular live shows at Lisbon's Altice Arena this week, with an expected 200 million viewers tuning in on television. It was the very first time Portugal hosted the contest. Israel also won the second Semi-Final with a grand total of 283 points.
Eurovision Song Contest 2018 Full Results List:
1. Israel: Netta - TOY - 529
2. Cyprus: Eleni Foureira - Fuego - 436
3. Austria: Cesár Sampson - Nobody But You - 342
4. Germany: Michael Schulte - You Let Me Walk Alone - 340
5. Italy: Ermal Meta e Fabrizio Moro - Non Mi Avete Fatto Niente - 308
6. Czech Republic: Mikolas Josef - Lie To Me - 281
7. Sweden: Benjamin Ingrosso - Dance You Off - 274
8. Estonia: Elina Nechayeva - La Forza - 245
9. Denmark: Rasmussen - Higher Ground - 226
10. Moldova: DoReDoS - My Lucky Day - 209
11. Albania: Eugent Bushpepa - Mall - 184
12. Lithuania: Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old - 181
13. France: Madame Monsieur - Mercy - 173
14. Bulgaria: EQUINOX - Bones - 166
15. Norway: Alexander Rybak - That's How You Write A Song - 144
16. Ireland: Ryan O'Shaughnessy - Together - 136
17. Ukraine: MELOVIN - Under The Ladder - 130
18. Netherlands: Waylon - Outlaw In 'Em - 121
19. Serbia: Sanja Ilić & Balkanika - Nova Deca - 113
20. Australia: Jessica Mauboy - We Got Love - 99
21. Hungary: AWS - Viszlát Nyár - 93
22. Slovenia: Lea Sirk - Hvala, ne! - 64
23. Spain: Amaia y Alfred - Tu Canción - 61
24. UK: SuRie - Storm - 48
25. Finland: SaaraAalto - Monsters - 46
26. Portugal: Cláudia Pascoal - O Jardim - 39