NEW YORK (Top40 Charts/ Syco Music
/Columbia Records) - Syco Music
and its US label partner Columbia Records are currently dominating the US Billboard album charts with Susan Boyle
holding on to the No. 1 spot for the second week and the label's latest and youngest signing Jackie Evancho
achieving the No. 2 album position.
Susan Boyle's album 'The Gift' has remained at the top spot for a second week selling over 637,000 in TOTAL to date. And 10 year old Jackie Evancho, Syco/Columbia's latest signing, debuted at number 2 this week selling over 260,000 albums. This achievement cements Syco's continued success in the USA market, as very few UK based music companies have achieved the top 2 spots on the Billboard chart in the same week.
Susan Boyle and Jackie Evancho were both signed to Syco/Columbia in the US after appearing on UK and US versions of the global hit TV format "Got Talent" which was created by Simon Cowell and is produced by Syco TV.
Simon Cowell said; "I'm delighted for both Susan and Jackie and I would like to personally thank Rob Stringer and his team atColumbia for an outstanding job."
Syco Entertainment's hit TV format The X Factor is set to launch in the US on Fox in 2011. Winners of The X Factor will be signed to Syco/Columbia.
- Syco with offices in London and Los Angeles, is a global music, television, film and digital production and exploitation joint venture between Simon Cowell and Sony Music Entertainment.
- Syco has sold over 180 million records worldwide
- Syco Television, produces the BAFTA Award-winning "The X Factor" has topped the charts in Europe and in the U.K., where Cowell continues to serve as both executive producer and judge. "The X Factor" 2009 reached UK audiences of 20 million (60% audience share), and in Denmark, the audience share reached a record high of 80%.
- Syco Television is also the owner of the "Got Talent" television format. The hit formats "Got Talent" and "The X factor" currently air in over 70 countries worldwide.
- In late 2009, Syco Music's Susan Boyle became the biggest selling artist in the world, when her debut album "I Dreamed a Dream" sold over 8 Million albums in just 6 weeks, making it the fastest selling album in history. To date it has reached No.1 in the album charts in 26 countries.
- In 2010, Susan's second album "The Gift" achieved the first ever solo simultaneous chart topping double with the US and UK for the second year running.