Number of songs: 13 | Total weeks on charts: 749 Appearing in a total number of: 90 charts | Total period running: 1561 days
There is more than one band called the Wanted:
1) a British boy-band formed in 2009
2) a Russian psycho-rockabilly trio from Smolensk
3) an American garage rock from Detroit active from the mid-60s to mid-70s
1. The Wanted is a British boy-band consisting of Jay McGuinness (born 24 July 1990) from Nottingham, Max George (born 6 September 1988) from Manchester, Nathan Sykes (born 18 April 1993) from Gloucester, Siva Kaneswaren (born 16 November 1988) from Dublin and Tom Parker (born 4 August 1988) from Bolton. The group formed through a series of nationwide auditions in 2009 and signed to Geffen Records later the same year.
According to the All Time Low Songfacts, Max joined The Wanted following the demise of his former group Avenue, Siva had appeared as a model in several advertisement campaigns and Nathan was plucked from the Sylvia Young acting school.
In July 2010, the group released their debut single All Time Low. The single debuted at #1 on the UK singles chart. Their second single, Heart Vacancy, debuted at #2 on the UK singles chart. Their self-titled debut album reached #4 on the UK albums chart in October 2010.
2. Psycho-Rockabilly trio from Smolensk, Russia. The Wanted have a stompin’ rockin’ style which sits neatly between Psychobilly and Neo-Rockabilly.
3. 1966 Garage Rock from Detroit, MI, United States. Tim Shea (lead guitar), Arnie DeClark (guitar), Dave Farnstrom (organ), Bill Montgomery (bass), Chip Stalmer (drums). Made at least 5 singles between 1966-1977.