PHILADELPHIA, PA. (Top40 Charts) Hezekiah Jones releases the new video for "How the Wind Loves You," from the upcoming album, In Loving Memory of oosi Lockjaw, due out November 13, 2015 on Woodfarm Records. Directed by Philadelphia filmmaker Daniel Collins and starring Blaine Martin, a local poet, the video confronts the age-old motif of wrestling volatile emotions associated with unfulfilled love and loneliness.
"How the Wind Loves You" Video:
Director Collins focused on a lot of tight shots with shallow depth of field so that the story could be taking place at any place or any time. Martin sports old-timey clothes, like suspenders and a top hat, as he prints the song's lyrics on a typewriter. Despite its charm, the video and song are equally tragic. This man is in love with a woman he cannot be with—she doesn't exist. To accentuate this message completely, he drops a bottled message into a fish tank, where it has no potential to go anywhere.
Frontman Raph Cutrufello's lyrics float elegantly over the scene. He knows the secret to achieving peace of mind, and he sings it as if the answer were as simple as the quaint, timeless world that Collins creates: "The wind curses you/ when it's the mess that the squirrels make that bothers you/ How the wind loves you/ when you open the doors/ and let it blow right through."
About Hezekiah Jones
Hezekiah Jones is the musical collaboration of over 75 artists lead by Philadelphian native Raphael Cutrufello. In Loving Memory of oosi Lockjaw departs in recording style from Hezekiah Says You're A-OK and previous records released by Yerbird and Quite Scientific in which Cutrufello layered the music independently of the band. Oosi, however, has contributions from multiple family members. Other than Cutrufello, the band's third full length album, released by Woodfarm Records, features Brad Hinton on guitars and vocals, Philip D'Agostino on bass, Matt Helm on guitars, Kiley Ryan on fiddle and vocals, Daniel Bower on drums, and Andrew Lipke on whatever object was placed in front of his hands. The Jones family never truly stops growing though, as the band performs live with other artists often, including Chris Kasper, Chris Bathgate, Good Old War, Samantha Crain and many others.
09.19 Jim Dietrich Park, Reading, PA
10.08 The Garage, Charlottesville, VA
11.14 Ardmore Music Hall, Ardmore, PA
11.19 Rockwood Music Hall,New York, NY
11.20 The Monkey House, Winooski, VT
Praise for Hezekiah Jones:
- "This Philly-based folk collective led by Raphael Cutrufello have created their finest album and it's one of my top 5 2015 releases." - One Chord To Another
- "While warm and inviting, Hezekiah pokes and stirs up darker lyrical truths adding a textual spoonful of sugar to make his unique brand of medicine go down." - Aquarium Drunkard
- "The songs sound like they were written during a hot and sticky summer, they have such an unhurried quality, but there is the sort of edginess that you might expect from a man on the brink." - Mark A. Price - PopMatters
- "Every time I listen Cutrufello's voice and the overall atmosphere - sad yet sweet - is also instantly comforting." - Dave Heaton - Erasing Clouds
- "Raph is one of the most creative, most unique, and has a real singular voice and vision for his music." - Bruce Warren - WXPN