NEW YORK (Virgin Records) - Is there anyone who isn't familiar with superstar radio personality Wendy Williams? The extraordinarily popular Williams - who has interviewed celebs from Jennifer Lopez
to Whitney Houston
Latifah - has been called everything from "Shock-Jock Diva" to "the Mouth Almighty" to "the Queen
of Dish." But one thing is for sure: her adoring fans across the country closely follow every move she makes. This latest move is one they will surely enjoy. Williams has put together some of her favorite artists, with her finely honed ear for hits, to create "WENDY WILLIAMS BRINGS THE HEAT, Vol. 1," which will be released on June 28 on Virgin Records.
"I'm a lover of music, and getting the opportunity to put out this CD has helped me express the full range of my love of R&B and hip-hop," the superstar radio jock explains. "This album is another outlet to talk to my fans. With my books, my radio shows, television - this is an aspect of media that I really hadn't thought of before."
Executive-produced by Kevin 'PPG' Hunter for Question Mark Entertainment, "WENDY WILLIAMS BRINGS THE HEAT, Vol. 1" highlights an amazing mix of the best of today's hip-hop and R&B from the industry's hottest artists. Among the exclusive tracks on the album are the in-your-face "Man Up!" (Amerie featuring Nas); power ballad "Stand Up" (Mario Winans featuring Wendy Williams) and the Jaheim collaboration with Jadakiss ("Everytime"). The disc also features hip-hop exclusives from Juelz Santana and Jim Jones featuring Product GNB ("Streets on Fire"); Deemi featuring Styles P ("Hood Princess"); Black Rob ("Warrior"); M.O.P. ("Whoa"); Young Geezy, Bleu Davinci and Baby D ("I'm A Boss") and Renegade Fox featuring Prodigy ("Tough Love").
A native of Ocean Township, New Jersey, Williams knew at an early age that radio was her calling. She started with an internship at Kiss 108 in Boston. She moved through various positions at stations in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands and Washington, DC, before heading back to New York City, landing at the city's top hip-hop station, Hot 97 (WQHT-FM), where she quickly became a sensation. After going to No 1 in the ratings there, she headed to Philly's Power 99 (WUSL-FM), where she also hit No 1. Currently back in New York City, Williams has once again shot to the top of the market with "The Wendy Williams Experience" on WBLS-FM.
WENDY WILLIAMS BRINGS THE HEAT, Vol. 1 Track Listing
1. Wendy Williams Intro
2. Amerie featuring Nas - "Man Up!" [Produced by The Buchanans, co-produced by Bryce Wilson]
3. Jaheim featuring Jadakiss - "Everytime" [Produced by Bink]
4. Juelz Santana and Jim Jones feat. Product GNB - "Streets on Fire" [Produced by The Heatmakerz]
5. Deemi featuring Styles P - "Hood Princess" [Produced by Chris Styles and Silence]
6. Marques Houston - "Naked" [Produced by The Underdogs]
7. Skit (Wendy's Theme)
8. Mario Winans featuring Wendy Williams - "Stand Up" [Produced by Mario Winans]
9. Beenie Man - "Good Woe" [Produced by Cordell 'Scatta' Burrell & Everton Burrell]
10. Black Rob - "Warrior" [Produced by Tony Dofat]
11. M.O.P. - "Whoa" [Produced by Maad Funk]
12. Young Geezy, Bleu Davinci and Baby D - "I'm A Boss" [Produced by S-Class]
13. Brooke Valentine featuring Jermaine Dupri - "Playa" [Produced by Lroc & Jermaine Dupri]
14. Renegade Fox featuring Prodigy - "Tough Love" [Remixed by Marley Marl]
15. Dwele - "Money Don't Mean A Thing" [Produced by Ronald 'Ron E.' Estill]
16. N2U featuring Jermaine Dupri - "Baby Mama Love" [Produced by Jermaine Dupri]
17. Guerilla Black featuring Hot Dollar - "Say What" [Produced by Carlos Broady]
18. Wendy Williams Outro (Goodbye)