Seattle, Washington (www.rockrgrl.com/conference) - for the ROCKRGRL Music
Conference 2005 in Seattle, Washington on November 10-12, 2005. Hurry, discounted rates for hotel and airfare are only available through October 4th.
With two full nights of music showcases featuring female artists in all styles, a special Woman of Valor award dinner (this year honoring Patti Smith), two full days of panels, workshops and an artist-friendly trade show, the ROCKRGRL Music Conference 2005 is a unique and innovative event that promotes, encourages, and celebrate women's achievements in the music industry. Some of the highlights include:
* The Woman of Valor Dinner honoring Patti Smith on Thursday night, November 10. This is the kick-off for the conference. Industry luminaries will be on hand to honor Patti for her inspiration to women musicians, and Patti will perform an acoustic set with Lenny Kaye. This event is $100 per person and is not included with conference registration.
* Keynote addresses by Patti Smith and Johnette Napolitano
* A Shop Talk Q&A between Bonnie Raitt and Ann Wilson. This is an unprecedented opportunity to hear two of the music world's most influential artists talk shop
* Ann Powers interviews Cris Williamson on 30 years since Changer & The Changed
* Panel topics include: Women on Air; How to Get Endorsements; Ho HoHo: Lyrics As Humor; Options in Audio; Life After Birth: Can You Be A Mom and a Musician Too; Financing Your Music: How Much Cash Does It Take; How Do Girls Learn; Women's Voices In Film; Writing A Hit; Racism In Rock; Press Releases That Rock; Does Media Coverage Matter; Ladies of the Labels; Second Acts: Surviving Career Set-Backs and much, much more
* Partial list of more than 200 showcasing artists include: Johnette Napolitano (solo), Erin McKeown, Amy Rigby, Wendy Waldman, Japanese night (featuring Megababe, Tsu shi mi mare, Red Bacteria Vacuum and Amppez), Scarling, Ms Led, Lillix, The Girls (from Tel Aviv), Sara Hickman, Stiffed, Barbara Manning, The Brain Surgeons NYC, Texas Terri, Jessy Greene (violin player from Geraldine Fibbers, Wilco), Sonia and Disappear Fear, The Randies, Sarah Dougher, Leni Stern, Jen Foster, Mind Your Pig Latoya, Buttersprites, Lauren Hoffman, The Juliet Dagger, Sam Shaber, Jenny Yates (Garth Brooks co-writer), Magneto, Nicky Click, Shelley Doty, Los Abandoned Lourds, Placenta, Kegels, Man of the Year, Free Verse, Pin Boys (from Denmark), Ruby Dee and the Snake Handlers, Narrows, Susan and the Surftones, Modicum, Stereovision, Hazard County Girls, Lesley & the Ly's, Megan Slankard, Secs, Alice Stuart, Rachel Harrington, Black Horse, Kym Tuvim, Kim Virant, Dream On (all female Aerosmith tribute band) and Rosie Flores.
* PLUS a trade show, mixers, and the City of Seattle's Musical History Tour bus!
Sponsors include: the City of Seattle's Office of Film and Music, Indiegrrl, The Recording Academy, Sonicbids, 90.3/91.7 KEXP.ORG, Oasis CD Manufacturing, CD Baby, International Songwriting Competition, and many more.
Registration and up-to-the-minute info is available at: http://www.rockrgrl.com/conference or email email@example.com for more info.