New York, NY (Top40 Charts/ Alexandra
Greenberg/ MSO) - French producer/songwriter SANDY VEE's blend of melodic pop chops, studio expertise and underground aesthetics has culminated in a fresh new sound that brings an underground mentality to the realm of worldwide smash hits. This week, two songs he co-wrote and co-produced with Stargate for superstars Rihanna
with 'Only Girl (In the World)' and Katy Perry
with 'Firework' now rank in the Top 10 of Billboard's influential Top 100 Singles chart at No 4 and No 10, respectively. In addition to David
Guetta's 'Sexy Bitch' featuring Akon that peaked at No 5 earlier this year, this totals VEE's number of Top 10 Billboard smashes to three in 2010. SANDY currently has a single with Taio Cruz
featuring Travie McCoy
He is exceptional among hit producers as he does all levels of production from writing the songs to final mixing himself. Over just the past six months, SANDY VEE-who also currently has a single with Taio Cruz featuring Travie McCoy entitled "Higher"-has become an increasingly regular presence on the global charts with hot new releases from a dizzying array of Top 40 A-list artists including:
* Katy Perry ('Firework,' which also hit the top 10 Digital Song chart in U.K., Canada, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia and Portugal)
* Rihanna ('Only Girl [In the World]'-debuted at No 1 on the top of the U.S. Digital Song chart and has gone on to hit No 1 all over the world, topping charts in the U.K., France, Spain, Germany, Australia, Greece, Belgium, Denmark, Austria, Canada, New Zealand, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland and Norway)
* Ne-Yo ('Beautiful Monster,' which peaked at No 1 in the U.S. and U.K.)
* David Guetta ('Sexy Bitch,' which peaked at No 1 in a slew of countries, including the U.K., France, Germany, New Zealand and Canada)
* Pitbull feat T-Pain ('Hey Baby [Drop It To The Floor],' which reached No 39 on Billboard Hot 100 and No 19 on Billboard Rap song chart)
Prior to becoming a bona fide hit craftsman, SANDY VEE briefly played gigs at Pacha in Ibiza while doing production in the electronic music realm. It was at David Guetta's world-famous 'F**k Me I'm Famous' party where Guetta approached him as he was a fan of VEE's No 1 Beatport single 'Bleep.' The two producers bonded, and what was planned to be a one-track deal co-producing the will.i.am song 'On The Dancefloor' turned into SANDY working on seven songs for Guetta's groundbreaking double platinum One Love album.
It was during SANDY VEE's first trip to New York City in November of 2009 when he first met up with Stargate, the Norwegian production team who have had much American urban and pop success. The Sandy Vee/Stargate connection has resulted in a fruitful working relationship with hit songs as 'Firework,' 'Only Girl (In The World),' 'S&M' (from Rihanna's Loud album) and 'Beautiful Monster.' SANDY VEE has also collaborated with known topliners such as Claude Kelly (Kesha, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera), Ester Dean (Katy Perry, Rihanna, Ciara), Cristyle (Rihanna, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson), Bonnie McKee (Katy Perry, Kesha) and August Rigo (Sean Kingston, Justin Beiber, lyaz).
Happily relocated in New York City where he's built a recording studio, SANDY VEE is enjoying the fruits of his hard work. Look for more exciting tracks from him very soon.