Charlotte, North Carolina (Top40 Charts/ Barbara Terry)
Grammy Nominated Singer-Songwriter John Parr returns to the USA with his "Letter To America" Tour 2011 and a double album by the same name.
Legendary Singer/Songwriter John Parr emerges back into the United States entertaining audiences with hit songs such as "St. Elmo's Fire", "Naughty Naughty", "Restless Heart", "Under A Raging Moon", "The Best a Man Can Get" and an enticing selection of new tracks as well. John Parr's music reaches a worldwide audience of all ages. His music will entertain you and his life story will inspire you.
John will be touring and performing concerts with his band but John has also prepared a very special and intimate one man show.
John Parr will kick off his 2011 tour at Amos' Southend in Charlotte, North Carolina with a back to back double concert on June 30th and July 1st.
Amos' Southend has been a live entertainment staple in the Carolina's for over 18 years. From the original Amos' Bar and Bistro which had acts such as Dave Matthews to Sister Hazel. The current Amos' Southend which has had the likes of James Taylor, The Beastie Boys, Cheryl Crow, Shinedown, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles and The Zac Brown Band has graced its stage. Amos' Southend has won best live entertainment club in Charlotte 9 times in its 18 years as well as many other local & regional awards.
- Wrote and performed the number one hit St. Elmo's Fire "Man in Motion".
- Over 35 albums to his credit.
- Movie Themes over 1 Billion at The Box Office.
- Music featured in over 20 Major Motion Pictures & Television Shows.
- Sold over 10 million albums as a Grammy Nominated Singer- Songwriter.
- Performed with Tina Turner, Bryan Adams, Meatloaf, Journey, Richard Marx, Beach Boys, Celine Dion, Blue Oyster Cult, Marilyn Martin, to list a few.
- Has collaborated and written songs with performers such as: Mutt Lange, Harold Faltermeyer, Marvin Hamlisch, David Foster and Roger Daltrey.
"Letter To America" double album: Grammy Nominated singer songwriter John Parr releases his latest album "Letter To America" on July 4th 2011. This is a lifetime inspired 2-disc collection which includes one audio disc of John performing his old and new hits with his band, as well as one audio disc of acoustic tracks. Produced by Parr, the first audio disc showcases Parr with his band performing fan favorites including Parr's No 1 hit "St. Elmo's Fire"-"Man In Motion" and the unforgettable hit "Naughty Naughty". The second audio disc features acoustic arrangements such as "The Minute I Saw You" and "The Best A Man Can Get".