NEW YORK (RCA Music
Group) - The RCA Music
Group announced this morning it has released the second installment of the RCA DANCE VAULT, its dance music series presenting both reissues of out-of-print classics and previously unreleased remixes of contemporary hits from artists on RCA, Arista and J Records. The new offerings in the popular series arrived today, released as downloads through i-Tunes exclusively for thirty days. The series will then be made available through additional subscription services such as RealNetworks' Rhapsody and Sony Connect. The artists range from such current stars as Christina
Aguilera and Whitney Houston
to Seventies, Eighties, and Nineties hit makers like Vickie Sue Robinson ("Turn the Beat Around"), Hall & Oats, and Pointer Sisters.
The RCA Music Group is the first major label to make its classic mixes available for download to the mass-market consumer. With its rich history in dance music, the label is presenting out-of-print and never-before-released mixes of the greatest dance tracks of all time by the biggest names in music - Aretha, Alicia Keys and Kelly Clarkson among others, as well as 70's classics like "Disco Nights" and 80's gems from Evelyn Champagne King, Rick Astley and The Eurythmics.
Among the highlights from the new group of titles released today:
- Christina Aguilera: "Beautiful" -- The second installment of the RCA DANCE VAULT features eleven versions of the empowering ballad from Christina's RCA album "Stripped," including mixes by Peter Rauhofer, Al B Rich, and Brother Brown.
- Whitney Houston: "It's Not Right It's Not Okay" - Ten versions of Billboard's No 1 Dance Song of 1999 are available for the first time, including multiple mixes by powerhouse duo Thunderpuss (Barry Harris and Chris Cox), Johnny Vicious and Club 69.
- The Thompson Twins: "In The Name of Love," "Lies," "Hold Me Now" and "Love On Your Side" - Extended 12" club mixes of the multi-platinum 80's super group are released for the first time in decades.
- Pointer Sisters: "Jump," "I'm So Excited," "Automatic" and "Neutron Dance" - Electrifying dance favorites from the group's classic 1983 RCA album, "Break Out."
- Lisa Stansfield: "All Around The World" -- Four versions of the worldwide pop/club hit from the British soul singer's 1989 platinum debut Arista album, "Affection."
Dance music enthusiasts can also enter through the RCA and J Records/Arista websites (www.rcarecords.com and www.jrecords.com).