New York, NY (Top40 Charts/ Cinemedia Promotions)
Silva Screen Records has been providing outstanding Film and Television music for over 20 years and is proud to announce new releases in its campaign to spotlight the best in film music in the United States and Canada.
On August 16, 2011 the following recordings will be available via iTunes, Amazon, Napster among many other digital platforms:
Silva Screen hopes that the campaign will go some way to meet the growing demand for the excellent and varied music found within the genre of soundtracks.
Founded in 1986, Silva Screen Records is an independent record label which is one of the world's leading film and television specialist soundtrack companies. The company boasts a catalogue of over 500 titles and over 5000 master recordings.
13 arresting TV and film themes, running across all aspects of police work from hard-nosed US detectives to British bobbies on the beat.
Includes music from some of the best composers in the business and features era classics such as Mike Post's languid jazzy vibes for Hill Street Blues, Lalo Schifrin's strident Dirty Harry theme and John Parker's genre defining CHiPs theme.
1. Burke's Law - Herschel Burke Gilbert
2. Dirty Harry - Lalo Schifrin
3. The Streets Of San Francisco - Patrick Williams
4. Kojak - Billy Goldenberg
5. Police Story - Jerry Goldsmith
6. The Sweeney - Harry South
7. CHiPs - John Parker
8. Hill Street Blues - Mike Post
9. Police Squad! - Ira Newborn
10. Cagney And Lacey - Bill Conti
11. The Bill - Andy Pask
12. Lethal Weapon - Michael Kamen
13. NYPD Blue - Mike Post
The City of Prague Philharmonic Big Band
N.Y. Jazz Orchestra
The Daniel Caine Orchestra
The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
London Music Works
A 14-track collection of the very best Epic film themes in recent years. Opening with the evocative Daft Punk track "Recogniser" from Tron Legacy the album features such powerful themes as Hans Zimmer's sweeping emotional "Dream Collapsing" for Inception, Tomoyasu Hotei's intense funk pastiche "Battle Without Honor Or Humanity," John Powell's dark and melancholic music from The Bourne Supremacy and John Murphy's Post Rock-esque "In The House In A Heartbeat" from 28 Days.
1. Tron Legacy - Recogniser (Daft Punk)
2. King Arthur - Woad To Ruin (Hans Zimmer)
3. Kick-Ass - Strobe (Adagio in D Minor) / Flying Home (John Murphy; Henry Jackman)
4. Inception - Dream Collapsing (Hans Zimmer)
5. Kill Bill - Battle Without Honor Or Humanity (Tomoyasu Hotei)
6. 28 Days Later - In The House In A Heartbeat (John Murphy)
7. Saw - Hello Zepp (Charlie Clouser)
8. Requiem For A Tower (Clint Mansell)
9. The Bourne Supremacy - To the Roof (John Powell)
10. Batman - Molossus (Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard)
11. Sunshine - Adagio in D Minor (John Murphy)
12. Gothic Power (Christopher Field (X-Ray Dog)
13. Iron Man - Driving With The Top Down (Ramin Djawadi)
14. The Peacemaker (Hans Zimmer)
Performed by: London Music Works and The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.
Digital Album: SILED4549
Screen Goddesses is an album dedicated to the enchantment, sultriness, beauty, glamour, gracefulness, joy and the magnetism and sensuality radiated by some of the greatest actresses on the big screen.
From classic "weepies" (Meryl Streep in Out of Africa) to historical updates (Gwyneth Paltrow in Shakespeare In Love) and contemporary post-feminist heroines (Uma Thurman in Kill Bill and Michelle Pfeiffer in Batman Returns), this musical tribute features some of the greatest film composers including John Barry, Jerry Goldsmith, Howard Shore and Danny Elfman.
1. Basic Instinct - Jerry Goldsmith (Sharon Stone)
2. Gangs Of New York - Brooklyn Heights - Howard Shore (Cameron Diaz)
3. The Chase - John Barry (Jane Fonda)
4. Girl With A Pearl Earring - Griet's Theme - Alexandre Desplat (Scarlet Johansson)
5. Shakespeare In Love - Suite - Stephen Warbeck (Gwyneth Paltrow)
6. Ocean's 11 - Clair De Lune - Claude Debussy (Julia Roberts)
7. Out Of Africa - John Barry (Meryl Streep)
8. Kill Bill - Battle Without Honor Or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei (Uma Thurman)
9. Batman Returns - End Titles - Danny Elfman (Michelle Pfeiffer)
10. To Catch A Thief - Lyn Murray (Grace Kelly)
Performed by The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra